"Data Tambang" application development that captures survey data from pit’s seams, stockpile, washing and barging, as well as development of custom management and client reports.
Wahyu's Experiences at Thiess Indonesia
Date: Dec 2008 – May 2012
Software Development Specialist II
PT. Thiess Contractors Indonesia, Jakarta, Indonesia
PT. Thiess Contractors Indonesia, TCI or Thiess Indonesia in short, (http://www.thiess.co.id) is a multinational mining company with over 8000+ employees in Indonesia alone. Thiess Indonesia is a group of Thiess Pty. Ltd., Australia (http://www.thiess.com.au), which established more than 75 years ago, is under Leighton Holdings Limited (http://www.leighton.com.au) holding company. Thiess Indonesia provides integrated services in mining, civil construction, process engineering, oil and gas, and telecommunication across a number of operational locations throughout Indonesia over 20 years.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Reported to the Software Development Senior Supervisor, responsible to all software development life cycles on both new and current applications.
- Led the Australian Mining Operations survey application development and enhancements.
- Coordinated with Resource Development, Thiess Business Services - Systems Australia (Thiess Pty. Ltd.) in supporting on-site production mining applications and developing and optimizing report applications.
- Supported hundreds of InfoMINE users throughout operational mining sites in Indonesia.
- Administered IIS and ColdFusion MX application servers, intranet applications, and SharePoint Services servers, database and InfoMINE servers.
- Qualified and designated by THIESS Australia Application Management function authorities as the lead developer to start complete Indonesian Mining System development, data capture from pit to barging, which consisted of data survey and production in several modules. Related Cost Control modules were developed and integrated to it for its attraction as application that accommodated business requirements well. By using the web-based application, the data centralization is achieved. Survey Department staff productivity is increased by 50%.
- Sent to Thiess Business Services – Systems, Brisbane, Australia to learn open pit mining system application developed using Java, SQL query cost optimization, and advanced SQL Server Reporting Services. While back to Indonesia, found and solved long time-unsolved complex query loop issues by analyzing the SQL Server query execution activities.
- Assigned to plan, configure, and administer first Team Foundation Server 2010 deployment in the company, setup the required cube data warehouse, integrated with MS Project activities and tasks, integrated with distributed MS Excel and SSRS reporting. Implemented firstly for ICT Department, other departments such us Business Services, Survey, and Supply Chain requested to have each site collection. Planned to lead the implementation for Australian users. Improved control and evaluation related to project and application lifecycle management (ALM).
- Developed Mining Survey application for Australian Mining Operation.
- Developed Custom Clearance application for Domestics, Sea Freight, and Air Freight logistics operations.
- Developed Mining Survey application, for Thiess Indonesia Business Unit, that captured survey data from pit’s seams, stockpile, washing and barging, as well as develop custom management and client reports.
System configuration and administration
- Installed, configured, and administered MS Team Foundation Server 2010 to track project tasks and states and improve business process.
- Planned and configured Urchin Web Analytics software with current intranet sites. Web traffics, which were retrieved from site logs, could be analyzed to produce statistical information about users’ trends in accessing data and information, favorite pages, and traffic peak time. Provided valuable information for web developers to focus in improving specific parts of sites and plan for further web sites development.
- Planned, deployed, and configured Oracle Primavera Project Planner 5 with SQL Server 2005 database. SQL 2005 boosts data access processes requested by many Project Planner clients.
- Planned, deployed, configured, and customized Redmine Software Development Project Management application with Apache web server and mySQL database. Software development projects were more manageable. All project tasks were grouped per-project basis, sorted by their categories and priorities, integrated with e-mail notification and LDAP authentication. Much easier for project members to organize each details of their project tasks. Saving much time in organizing tasks ends up in more productive time available to complete more tasks.
- Migrated SharePoint Services 2.0 to SharePoint Services 3.0.
- Integrated SiteHelpDesk IT help desk application with Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) service and Windows 2003 Active Directory’s LDAP to ease application’s maintenance and user’s IT request ticket administration.
- Planned the implementation of iPhone and iPod touch on the enterprise messaging system.
Summary of Roles and Achievements
- Software Development. Developed high quality software applications.
- IT Project Management
- Created software project management plans
- Improved project tracking system and process improvement phases
- Team Leadership. Led Indonesia and Australian Mining software development projects.
- Supervisory. Assisted in supervising team and junior developers.
THIESS Business Service’s “Kami Bisa” Excellence Award of Customer Focus and Timely Delivery of Services, infoMINE P2P Project.